Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cinnamon French Toast


When I made the Cinnamon Bread the other day I knew it would make some stellar French toast. And did it, you ask. Oh god yes it did. There's two trick to make this outstanding:

1. Soak the bread in the egg, really soak it in. It'll take several minutes for the egg to permeate the density of the bread.

2. Fry it in bacon fat. My mom told me about this once, but my ass can't handle cooking a whole lot in bacon grease. But, I was cooking bacon at the same time I was soaking the bread and...well, you see what happened. And folks, let me tell you, it's friggin' tasty.

P.S. The picture looks like garbage, but the taste really stands out. I can't recommend this enough if you love French toast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You tried it?! OMG after giving me hell, oh you are so in trouble : ). I told you if the grease is nice and hot it doesn't absorb into the food it fries it quickly to a lovely crispiness but adds that touch of flavor from the bacon, you are right it is totally awesome and people who don't even like french toast like this. Love you my little bird.