Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Parmesan Orzo


This is a recipe I found on a recipe sharing website I belong to by a gal who goes by the name of Kittencal. I've tweaked it a little to my liking and I highly recommend it. It's super easy, super delish, and totally worth all those calories.

2 tablespoons butter
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup Orzo
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
6-10 fresh basil leaves

1. Melt butter in a heavy skillet(with lid) over medium heat.

2. Add chopped onion, cook until softened.

3. Add Orzo, allow to brown, approximately 4-5 minutes.

4. Add minced garlic, cook for a further 1 minute.

5. Add chicken stock, allow to come to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer.

6. Cover, simmer for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.

7. Fold in Parmesan and torn basil.

8. Serve immediately.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That surely looks and sounds terrific! I just bought a bag of orzo, should try this recipe :)

Anonymous said...

the orzo looks yummy. nice recipe!

ATasteOfMadness said...

This looks delicious! I've never tried orzo before, but I'm going to start now ;)

Anonymous said...

I just made this for myself and my 2 year old. we both loved it. We added peas carrots and corn to it at the end. Very tasty