Thursday, July 31, 2008

Olive Oil and Thyme Red Potato Coins


These are totally lifted right off of White on Rice Couple's recipe pages. They run a completely awesome food blog and you should totally check it out. I saw these when they topped them with goat cheese and knew I had to try them. I dig roasted potatoes but I've never tried doing it this way. I only wish I had some goat cheese on hand. Yum. They're seriously simple to make, just toss some sliced potatoes in olive oil and seasonings.



But, be sure to read the recipe twice, or like me, you may forget the parchment paper part and spend ten minutes trying to scrape potato bits off your baking sheet.

What can I say, I'm a pro like that.

I only substituted thyme for the rosemary in their recipe, so I won't bother posting it here.

Go enjoy some of their delicious recipes.

4 comments:

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

Hey, great minds think alike! ;) This is exactly what I had for dinner just now: potato slices with rosemary. I used white potatoes though and used some garlic. What a "coin"cidence! (Okay, bad pun.)

Whitney said...

yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet Bird said...

js - pshaw. great pun!

Anonymous said...

Aren't these just addicting? Glad you enjoyed them as much as we did!
Funny how you forgot to use the parchment paper. I tried baking potato slices like these once without the paper and the results were like yours, having to scrape them off the sheet! Funny, we all have to go through it to appreciate the magic of parchment paper.