Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Macaroni Salad



Last night we revisited comfort food with pulled pork sandwiches and macaroni salad. For the salad I used Drew Kime's recipe over on How To Cook Like Your Grandmother I can't say that I'm an outrageous macaroni salad fan, I definitely couldn't make a whole meal out of it like Drew said he can. But, it was pretty delicious and it went perfectly with the pulled pork. Other than halving the recipe and omitting celery seed (didn't have any) I followed Drew's recipe word for word, so if you're interested in some macaroni deliciousness I suggest you click on those links above to find out how.

2 comments:

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Whoa, cool, that looks exactly like mine.

So did you make the mayonnaise, too? If you tell me you got it right on the first try I'll be very jealous.

Sweet Bird said...

Oh no, I'm so not that brave yet.

You are still the mayo king in my eyes. I'm definitely going to try it soon, I just can't help but hold the premonition I'm going to not only totally screw it up, but also spray mayo all over my kitchen in the process...