Thursday, July 10, 2008

Last Minute Fruits


So after dinner last night Husband looks at me and says, "Where's dessert?" I grew up in a family where dessert was a special occasion kind of deal, you know, birthdays holidays, etc. Husband apparently had regular dessert action while growing up. I had a whole lotta nothin' planned for dessert, as per most nights. I had just gone to the market the day before so I tried to sell him on some fresh fruit. Nothing doing. Add ice cream? Sold!

I can't come up with a cool name Nectarines and Strawberries

Serves 2 (or one hungry husband)

1 nectarine
4 strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon sugar
2 scoops vanilla ice cream

1. In a bowl coat strawberries in lemon juice and sugar, toss to coat. Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.

2. Split the nectarine in half, remove the pit.

3. Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream in each half of the nectarine, cover with strawberries.

4. Try to keep your dish away from husband.

No comments: